TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Allez Mandy Minella!

View Single Post

Old Aug 21st, 2014, 03:12 PM   #5072
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
It's difficult to judge her preparation, because we don't know all the motivations and constraints behind her scheduling.

While it's easy to understand that she plays $25K tournaments only for the ranking points (not much money to be made there, or glory to be gained) and she plays european interclub matches only for the money, we don't know what reasons exactly make her hop between continents and different surfaces.

One cannot compare her to a Top20 player, who can focus on optimal preparation for the Grand Slams because money is not an issue, or to a young player who people are willing to invest money in, even at at loss. At 28, she's pretty much on her own. I'm sure other "older" players ranked between 100 and 200 have the same struggle and a tournament planning that appears erratic at some point.
Not really judging, hard to do unless have all the facts, but on the face of it, why would Mandy travel to China , then play Swiss League, then a 25 K as number 1 seed which meant she could still have been in England last Saturday afternoon, then rush across the Atlantic ? She is in the Top 120 and there are plenty of North American tournaments before New York....even ITF's....! If she is really serious about regaining form and the top 100 clearly a different approach is required to get her confidence back. Playing week in week out and all over the world , it becomes a vicious circle.

I only say this as would like MM back winning matches...
David Barker is offline View My Blog!