TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Caroline Garcia

Thread: Caroline Garcia
View Single Post

Old Aug 18th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #1190
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of
Re: Caroline Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing Streak View Post
Final Q round against Begu tomorrow
They've been having their rematch today after yesterday's 3 hour epic. I'm glad to say that Caroline has taken full advantage of her 2nd chance, even though it was another tough, gruelling encounter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
I really wonder what's wrong with her serve. She can't get any free points as she used to.
Her serving stats were terrible again yesterday - something like 2 aces and 12 DFs - but she's been serving with much more control and effectiveness today. Yes, she hit five DFs but she also hit 4 aces including a brave second serve ace at deuce in a key game at 5-5 in the 2nd set. She broke Begu in the next game, but though she failed to serve the match out she wasn't deterred and dominated the tiebreak.

This is Caroline's 3rd victory of the week and the level of endurance and match toughness she has shown is impressive - very different from the negative on-court attitude she has been displaying since Nürnberg. Hopefully, these victories will stand her in good stead for the rest of the tournament and for New York.
Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote