TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Following the Family Tradition: Maria Sakkari

View Single Post

Old Aug 7th, 2014, 05:44 AM   #123
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Following the Family Tradition: Maria Sakkari

Another 10K Finland:
R1 d. (Q) Daria Ponomareva RUS (NR) 6-0 6-0
R2 d. Laura Gulbe LAT (#1221) 6-0 6-0
QF d. (8) Diana Bogoliy UKR (#904) 6-3 6-3
SF d. Eveliina Virtanen SWE (NR) 7-6(2) 6-2
F l. to (4) Emma Laine FIN (#786, former top 50) 3-6 7-5 0-6
Too bad that she couldn't win it all, but she must have been tired. She wasn't losing games the first two matches and then played opponents with similar rankings and was losing more games. Also in the final I expected her to lose since she was playing a former top 50 player from Finland in Finland. The third set bagel just shows probably how tired she was

Maria also played doubles but lost the final 4-6 6-7(2) to (2) Bogoliy UKR/Laine FIN. Not a bad loss once again since she played Laine and must have been tired obviously. I wonder if she would've had more energy for singles if she skipped doubles this week (the doubles final was played the day before the singles final)

Anyways, Maria is up to another career-high, 298!
She has won 43 of her last 49 singles matches

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote