TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2014 American adventure (Cheering Thread)

View Single Post

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 05:48 PM   #486
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 American adventure (Cheering Thread)

I really wonder what is wrong with her serve. She had shoulder problems, but I thought she recovered. Hard to say without having watched her matches this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Jovanovski must be really fit . She played a lot of matches in the last days. (and long ones) . Thought she must be tired and Sorana might prevail in the 3rd set but it wasn't the case.
This is exactly what I thought as well, but then again my judgment might be strained by the fact that most of the players I support usually get injured after having gone far in one tournament and are set to bomb out in R1 the week after. It seems that there are exceptions, though. However, hard to say how this match unfolded without a stream.

I'm already surprised she beat Bertens, to be honest. That was a good win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
She is obviously going thru some rough patch, you know this is not her level. Bojana might have some better results but by all means, do you really think she is a better player than Sorana ?
Well, she has already won two slams: Baku and Tashkent

They are both very incosnsistent, but Jovanovski is at least able to deliver at the glorified MMs, while Sorana's motivation for these tournaments seems equal to mine visiting the dentist. In my opinion they are currently the two weakest player inside the Top 50 judged by this year's results.

I'm actually scared to see Sorana being stuck down in the rankings for the next couple of years. She will not make the cut-off for more prestigious events anymore and has to win matches in lower tier events for once.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote