TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Grass Season (Rosmalen R2 vs. Shvedova, Reached Doubles SF)

View Single Post

Old Jun 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #4
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grass Season (Rosmalen R2 vs. Shvedova/Cibulkova, Won Doubles R1)

Misa defeated Cepelova 63 46 61!

Honestly, Misa's level in the first set and the beginning of the second set was incredible. I haven't seen her play like that in years, literally. Grass just suits her game so well. Just like last year she hit 11 aces in the first round here in Rosmalen. She had huge percentages on her serve and also hit 68% first serve in which is really high for her. Usually it's more around 50-55%.

I don't understand how she lost that second set. She won 3 love service games, but then played a bad game and got broken and couldn't repair that anymore. In the 3rd she won a tight game at 1-all, then Cepelova had 40-0 on her serve. Misa won 5 points to break. The next game she saved breakpoint with a GOAT volley and held. From then on Cepelova was mentally broken and Misa won relatively easily.

Really happy she won in the end, I would have been so gutted had she choked. And to top it, her boyfriend Martin Emmrich proposed to her live on court after the match She said yes

Nothing to lose against Shvedova or Cibulkova

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote