TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

View Single Post

Old Jun 15th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #1906
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
I wonder if she will really be fit to play in September before her ranking plummets towards 4 figures (or is that soars?).

Interesting for us geeks to see what she does, but she has lots of options. The LTA's astonishing decision to schedule a slate of ITFs in 2014 with only 4 10Ks (or whatever it was) just as the top ranks of British women's tennis were decimated may have a silver lining(*), as Laura will be able to max out her ITF wild cards.

But I don't think she should be afraid of going through qualies elsewhere, or using up some of her SRs if necessary.

(*) I wanted to get this dig in, but then I couldn't stop myself checking the actual schedule: http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...ies/Calendar1/. Barnstaple and Shrewsbury have been downgraded and moved forward in the year by a few weeks, so the British ITFs appear to offer slim pickings.
If she only starts mini tennis in Mid August , you will think she will not be ready until October
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote