TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! **

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:13 AM   #47
country flag Princess Sarah.

Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakan kildap
Well, it's business, you know. Whether we like it or not, Maria is in a business. And I don't know of any business that says NO to income.

I mean, if this is simply about tennis, why do they even need prize money? Why can't they just fly around the world and play these matches for the sheer love of the game? Don't we all wish they'd simply wear generic white outfits like the one Goran wore at Wimbledon, with no sponsor logos? Right. Except that's not gonna happen. This is a business.

It's not like your club legend of a rock star selling out to a record label and then goes on to produce fan-friendly, hummable tunes. Maria will still be playing tennis. She will still grunt and bark "Come on" like before.

The only thing that bothers me is how this affects her off-court. The Motorola deal has already compromised her speech (she's using the word "connection" more frequently) for starters. And the one horror scene that repeats itself in my mind: Now that she's a Canon girl, what do I do with my Nikon gear? Do I change brands? And in the one-in-a-billion chance that I will meet her, will she even sign an autograph for me and let me take a picture of her with my Coolpix? Aaarrrgh!
conon don't make film do they??? coz i would have sed switch film! Do u really think it's worth changing ur camera just coz Maria is endorsing it? i mean i know ur a fan and all but don't you think thats a little extreme? maybe you could buy a canon printer or scanner or something along those lines! IMO i think she should be focusing more on her tennis rather than endorsment deals she can do that later i mean she's only 17
Princess Sarah. is offline View My Blog!