TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Farina Elia 2004 thread!!

View Single Post

Old Oct 30th, 2004, 10:52 AM   #180
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute
This is from wtatour.com

No.3 seed Silvia Farina Elia advanced to her fifth semifinal of the season, outlasting qualifier Kveta Peschke 36 62 61.

"I know her [Peschke] game well," Farina Elia said. "She's been off the Tour but she was a high ranked player before her injury. She proved her game is there and she will make her comeback next year."

Peschke pushed Farina Elia to play at the top of her game. Peschke came out strong in the first set, dominating play. Farina Elia noted her opponents play saying, "She played fast and aggressive. She was hitting lots of winners. I tried to mix it up and move better in the second set and things started to change."

"I had confidence with my good start in the second set. At the beginning of the third, I was up 3-0 but it was really close. Although I won the last set 6-1, I felt it was very close. Being older helps for sure. It's tough especially against the young ones."

This is Farina Elia's best result of the past couple of weeks, unable to reach anything beyond the second round in this indoor season. The win over Peschke gives Farina Elia confidence moving into the semifinals.
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote