TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 01:57 PM   #5045
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't actually recall the Naglium. I kind of think that's an episode I never saw but I'm not sure. I have seen most if not all of the episodes though. The Next Generation is my favorite form of Star Trek.

What if Q was limiting his powers for our benefit, a sort of adapting to a lesser race?

Have you seen the JJ Abrams Star Trek movies?
Look for TNG's "Where Silence Has Lease", although the suspense will be ruined somewhat now that you sort of know what happened. Haven't seen much of the newer films yet, but I caught a small portion of one of them before leaving for an evening class.

I can see where the Q character may have limited the exertion of his powers upon the humans, especially because his race often made decisions as a group about what they wanted for the galaxy. However, I'd say that he simply lacked telepathic power; he was intensely curious, so he wouldn't refuse to use powers that enabled him to achieve knowledge. Also, if and when you see Nagilum, you'll find that he's not clownish or mischievous as Q often was. Like I said, Q reminds me of those fickle, impulsive pagan gods we see in movies or read about in mythology. By comparison, Nagilum was much more introspective and contemplative

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!