TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 07:16 AM   #5044
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well, you could just send me a PM if you wanted. It's not a big issue for me but I thought I'd ask since you're obviously a fan

On a similar note, I wasn't a totally-rabid TNG follower, but I was an unashamed fan of the show. One of my acquaintances was REALLY a huge fan, and he was fascinated by 'Q' so I don't think that he was capable of being objective when I said that Nagilum was more powerful than Q. If you'll recall, Troi sensed Q's presence almost right away in the first encounter, yet she was oblivious when they first fell into Nagilum's "cloud". Only afterwards was she able to sense him in a subtle way

Another point is that Nagilum was powerfully telepathic whereas Q had to observe and ask questions to learn information

The final argument in Nagilum's favor is that Q was fearful of human influence in the galaxy, thus provoking his interventions. Nagilum got bored with the crew and moved on after conducting his one experiment. There's obviously no way to prove any of this empirically, but the evidence tells me that Nagilum was a higher life form than Q, and I'd say also more refined and less impulsive, emotionally. Q was sort of like one of those fickle,immature pagan gods from mythology who acted on whims.....at least that's MY take
I don't actually recall the Naglium. I kind of think that's an episode I never saw but I'm not sure. I have seen most if not all of the episodes though. The Next Generation is my favorite form of Star Trek.

What if Q was limiting his powers for our benefit, a sort of adapting to a lesser race?

Have you seen the JJ Abrams Star Trek movies?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!