TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! **

View Single Post

Old Oct 20th, 2004, 03:00 AM   #38
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
A new article
Quote:
Success smells sweet for Sharapova
Mon Oct 18, 5:01 PM ET Entertainment - AFP

ZURICH (AFP) - Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova is to follow in the footsteps of Andre Agassi and Gabriela Sabatini and launch a perfume in her name.

"I'll have my perfume next year, and I'm excited because it is so different to what I've done in the past," said the 17-year old in Zurich where she is competing in a 1.3 million-dollar WTA event. "It's going to be my own design and something I love to smell.

"The company that I'm working with, we always keep in touch by e-mail because I travel so much. You tell them the smells you like, if you want it to be sweet, things like that. And then the bottle, the colours, the shape. It's a very interesting process. I haven't had a sniffing test' yet, but I will."

Sharapova is seeded four in a field weakened by the withdrawal of Lindsay Davenport and Serena Williams. Second seeded Davenport became a no-show after developing a cold, and fifth seed Williams pulled out with a continuing knee injury.

Sharapova will play Daniela Hantuchova in the second round, after the Slovak dismissed Russia's Vera Douchevina 6-1, 6-4.
Meanwhile, Sharapova is having to combine the glamour of the tennis circuit with finishing her education. After competing on court, she has to return to her hotel room and take out her books.

"I've done it for a while now so I'm quite used to it," she said. "In the hotel room I have a lot of time. It takes some self-discipline, but I've been home-schooled nearly all my life and I'm really used to telling myself, Now you're going to sit down and do your homework'.

"There are a few times when you are lazy and don't want to do anything, and I get a lot of those times. But when I'm home I have my mum and she's the one that gets on to me with the school work. So when I'm back home I have to make sure everything's on time and I don't get punished."
Full article here!

She hasnt had a sniffing test..hehe
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!