TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old May 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #4769
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
... Simona has a better to do against players like kvitova and Lisicki when they play great ,, I don't see that Simona's best is weaker than their best ,, Actually Simona Schooled Kvitova in Nhaven with amazing tennis ,, That's what i want for Simona .. She will not play like that every match .. But matches like that tell us what Simona really can do against any players ..
Against big hitters, keeping the ball deep is especially key. If she keeps the ball deep most of the time like she did against Ivanovic in Madrid & against Kvitova in New Haven, she can neutralise their power because a) they won't hit many winners from the baseline past super-speedy Simona & b) they increase their risk of errors by being forced to go for too much / becoming impatient.

Most of these big-hitters, rather than constructing their points well, rely on getting short balls that they can move up to in mid-court, and thus having the time to pick their spot for a winner. If Simona can jam them up consistently behind the baseline as she did so effectively in those 2 matches, Simona has the time to build her points and choose her moment to attack. Just the way I see it. I'm no expert either.

Last edited by CheddarChomper : May 29th, 2014 at 12:01 PM.
CheddarChomper is online now View My Blog!