TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old May 29th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #4767
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
Mido from what i`ve seen in Madrid , in the first set against Bam bam there was nothing u can do , Lisicki was playing great, those drop shots were amazing stuff. Petra on the other hand lets face it , if Petra plays her game and all balls comes into the court , nobody can do nothing against her, and again Petra played well , i think it was the best match i`ve seen Petra playing in the last 2-3 months. The only time , and i think u forgot mentioning , was vs Maria in the 2`nd set. There was an error , she was supposed to crush that blonde doll but somehow she resurrect herself at behalf of Simona who was way to more defensive .

And for what type of surface is more suitable for her , well i`ve heard an interview of Simona who said that she also like hard courts now , in the past she prefer clay but now almost she can`t decide. Remember , Simona is not an agresive player on clay from the start , she`s a great adapter, and last year showed us she can win tournaments on all surfaces . Nobody said that Simona will play on clay like Errani or something like that ( thanks God for that ) , she`s far more aggresive , i just say on clay u must be smart and wait for the spot to make a winner shot, that`s all. Her movement helps her a lot to gain this advantage , why risk it with an agressive play everytime when ur opponent "helps" u with her errors ?

She`s smart. And i`m proud of her for that.
I agree but i have 2 points to say .. Simona has a better to do against players like kvitova and Lisicki when they play great ,, I don't see that Simona's best is weaker than their best ,, Actually Simona Schooled Kvitova in Nhaven with amazing tennis ,, That's what i want for Simona .. She will not play like that every match .. But matches like that tell us what Simona really can do against any players ..
The second thing is that Simona should find a formula to deal with the consistent hitters , who will not give her alot of errors .. Actually i think it's easier for her to do this in hard courts where her aggressive game and shot making are very effective .. I know that the clay will reduce the power of opponents shots also .. But it will do the same to simona so I think that simona has more weapones in hard than clay ( maybe i'm wrong because i'm not that expert )

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!