TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old May 29th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #4765
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
I agree with most of that .. I don't mind playing safely some times during matches , especially when this giving you leading and the opponent destroy herself with errors .. But in some matches this year even on hard .. Simona was passive from the begining even when she was down in the score .. And in Madrid let's not forget she lost the first set against Lisicki and Petra and she could have lost .. the passive game didn't give her those matches .. I agree that the clay doesn't help Simona to be very aggressive , that's why I think that the faster courts is more suitable to Simona aggressive game as a top player ...
Mido from what i`ve seen in Madrid , in the first set against Bam bam there was nothing u can do , Lisicki was playing great, those drop shots were amazing stuff. Petra on the other hand lets face it , if Petra plays her game and all balls comes into the court , nobody can do nothing against her, and again Petra played well , i think it was the best match i`ve seen Petra playing in the last 2-3 months. The only time , and i think u forgot mentioning , was vs Maria in the 2`nd set. There was an error , she was supposed to crush that blonde doll but somehow she resurrect herself at behalf of Simona who was way to more defensive .

And for what type of surface is more suitable for her , well i`ve heard an interview of Simona who said that she also like hard courts now , in the past she prefer clay but now almost she can`t decide. Remember , Simona is not an agresive player on clay from the start , she`s a great adapter, and last year showed us she can win tournaments on all surfaces . Nobody said that Simona will play on clay like Errani or something like that ( thanks God for that ) , she`s far more aggresive , i just say on clay u must be smart and wait for the spot to make a winner shot, that`s all. Her movement helps her a lot to gain this advantage , why risk it with an agressive play everytime when ur opponent "helps" u with her errors ?

She`s smart. And i`m proud of her for that.

I didn`t want to be her fan, I just ... couldn't resist
UCLA is offline View My Blog!