TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

View Single Post

Old May 17th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #456
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Do you think she will play RG? I think it is unlikely.

Might be a bit quiet from her on twitter for a few days, then she will announce it.
This was kind of discussed in News and Discussion thread. I think it's unlikely and gets more unlikely by the day unless some kind of hint she's playing comes out.

I said I can see her playing because you have to start somewhere, and strange as it is, unless you get a bad draw you normally get a soft set of matches at grand slams to ease yourself into competition. Something she isn't guaranteed at all if she starts at say Eastbourne.

As the days go on though it gets more and more unlikely. As far as we know she hasn't hit a ball in over 2 months. At this point her returning to the court (in practice) would be a big deal so I would think we'd hear about it.

Cronin is the only real investigative journalist in tennis who will seek information on every player (rather than just home players). He always had some kind of inside scoop from Vika's camp. There is absolutely no information of this kind out there right now.

On another note Vika is signed up for Tokyo, which is 1 week after the US Open this year. It's somewhat strange given what she said last year about coming back too soon after the US Open. She may feel she has something to give to Tokyo something after the last 2 years, and it has appeared a city she enjoys (judging from twitter). We will have to see what happens. It's hard to imagine her playing Tokyo, Wuhan and Beijing in 3 consecutive weeks. I guess she will only play if she's fit and healthy.