TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old May 7th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #4010
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Princess writes again

Quote:
Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hello again everyone

My match against Lara Arruabarrena this morning was a tough one. I had played her once before on hardcourts and won a little bit easier, but here she was playing amazing. And the court was slower today - Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario court is drier and faster, but Manolo Santana court was a little bit slower - but you always have to adapt quickly because that's just the situation you're given.

But Lara played very well. She's a good player on clay because she has Spanish style - the forehand with a lot of topspin. But I just wanted to stay focused for every point and fight for every point, and that's what I did really well in the end. I was very happy I won in two sets and didn't go to three!

Another thing I was really happy with was my serve. I had nine aces today - I was surprised too! I served well in the first round too, but today was even better, especially in the important moments. It was the best thing for me in the match, I think. I've been working hard on my serve for a while now and I think it's improving a lot. Right now, it's probably the most important shot for me...

There were some important people in the crowd today, too. Virginia Ruzici was there - actually she always comes to see me because she's my manager! But Mr. Tiriac was also there, and when he comes I'm very afraid!! I think that's why I didn't start so quickly today. But it's important seeing him there watching me. I've learned so much from him and he always helps me. I have a lot of respect for him.

I'm just happy I could stay focused on my tennis and win the match today

Oh and how could I forget, my day off yesterday... it wasn't a full day off, I did practice once during the day, but I did a lot of relaxing back at the hotel, and I also went shopping for a bit...

I bought two pairs of high heel shoes

Now I'll probably go eat, then go relax at the hotel, maybe another practice session in the evening... I'm playing the winner of a night match today so I think tomorrow I'll be playing in the evening.

To me it doesn't matter who I play in the next match because both players are tough. Sabine is a great player, but it might be even more difficult to play against Begu because she's a Romanian girl. If it's her we just have to enjoy it - we'll both be playing for Romania and one will be in the quarterfinals.

I just have to stay focused, try to play my best and stay aggressive.

I like this tournament a lot. It feels like home here. The people, the food, the city - everything is just really nice here. I hope to keep enjoying myself and I'm happy you're all reading along with me!

Have a good night

Simona

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!