TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Levo's GET TO KNOW your fellow Maria fans thread! {NOW with pictures!!!}

View Single Post

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 09:28 AM   #5
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
forum name: Lakan Kildap (Pampango)

translations of forum name: Lakan Kidlat (Tagalog), Chief/Lord Lightning (English)

I got the name from the Pampango legend of the water hyacinth ("Quiapo"), written on an old notebook by my father. they used to recite poetry in his days.
interestingly, Lakan Kildap was the bad guy, the rival of the hero Quiapo for the love of the heroine. I'm not sure if the heroine's name was Maria, I'll have to look it up
Quiapo is also the name of the one of the busiest sections of Manila.

I know three languages, although the first two are local. English is the third one.

Born in Pampanga, a province north of Manila, on June 10, 1970. Age: 34 years, old enough to remember Wynona Ryder back in the day before she discovered the thrills of shoplifting.

first used the Internet in 1999, when Graf beat Hingis for her last ever major title.

Likes movies, has more than 900 DVD titles. I'm not crowing or anything, my buddy has more than 2,000 and his home theater costs 4 times mine. Of all those movies, the ones I've viewed most times are "Braveheart" (7 times in the cinema, 3 times on DVD), "The Cutting Edge (Moira Kelly!)" (5 times in cinema and twice on DVD), "Saving Private Ryan" (4 times in cinema, lost count on DVD), "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (about a dozen times on various formats at home).

As for Maria's alleged favorite movie, "Pearl Harbor", well, without modern special effects, it's shit. "Tora! Tora! Tora!" is lots better, although Pearl offers a good excuse to enjoy Kate Beckinsale's unforgettable beauty. I know, I watched "Underworld", too.

Music: will listen to nearly everything, except jazz, although listens to Ella Fitz and Nina Simone. Favorite band are the Beatles. most of the time, 60's and 70's music. Favorite tenors are Jussi Bjoerling (Swedish, died 1960) and Luciano Pavarotti. Favorite Christmas carol is "O Holy Night". No matter who sings it.

A fan of basketball, motorsports, badminton and tennis, baseball, billiards/pool (we have some of the best pool players in the world, so there's added motivation), soccer/football, bowling, the ESPN outdoor games, professional boxing, shooting, archery. I hate taekwondo, though. It's been "sportized" too much. In the same manner, I hate modern Olympic boxing too, the Cuban school. It's a personal thing, so I won't argue.

I'm an accountant, working for one of the oil companies here.

Quite a long post for someone who said he's too old for this stuff, eh?

Last edited by lakan kildap : Oct 31st, 2006 at 06:14 AM.
lakan kildap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote