TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2

View Single Post

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:43 PM   #1549
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2

they just don't seem to click well. I don't like ALG's service motion, when it was round she had more pop on it. I feel like she opens her body too soon and then loses all body tension.
Goerges is not good at the net, her volleys lack proper technique and she often is not close enough to the net to hit every volley above net height. ALG needs a player who had finesse at the net like Kveta did, of course Kveta didn't have a serve but her volleys were amazing and ALG and her clicked really well despite some minor mental brain farts

I feel like they are trying to force this ALG/Julia doubles to work, I dont see it happening since both need solid net players to work. I think even Goerges reached a USO QF with Kveta. Both are powerful, big players with not the fastest reactions. It aint gonna work.