TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 09:46 PM   #5019
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I agree with your point about the music. But in music it's taken to far bigger extremes than in sports. Is Bouchard 'the best' tennis player? No. But she's top 20, which is very good. No way is Duran Duran a top 20 musical act - not even top 20.000 as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, why should all the attention go to only three or four top players? That's not healthy. In an ideal world the entire top 50 should be 'stars.'
Well, I suppose that your second paragraph is true, but we both know that Machorra Allaster will never go for that. The reasonably-attractive Sorana always gets a feature whenever she changes coaches and supposedly unlocks the secret to get to the next level, but that's about it. Her prior deeds aren't significant enough...plus she's old enough that the WTA promo dept. has given up hope a bit. Bouchard is just 20 so even I can admit that she's young enough to be quasi-credibly promoted as a future star. Overall, tennis focuses much more on the upper elite than team sports do

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!