TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 09:40 PM   #5018
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
No, it's a crappy analogy that smells like calf diarrhea; TF doesn't count because fan forums like these don't reflect how NORMAL people act. I agree that Bodo is a walking dildo but, even though he clearly didn't like Caro's defensive style, he was always very polite about it. I have yet to read ONE SOLITARY ARTICLE from a tennis media member who called out a player for quitting/tanking matches. Such articles might exist yet they're EXTREMELY rare from the tennis media, even when fully warranted. You won't see such a scarcity from the media for other sports. Further, many sports will treat an athlete like a non-person, in the old soviet bloc style, in re promotions, if he embarrasses the sport somehow. Despite his immense talent, there were ZERO Michael Vick promos after his dogfighting ring was exposed...and it took a long time after his return before anyone trusted him again

....And it's 'criticize' or, in the British way, 'criticise'....not 'critiSize'.Perhaps you should change the 'Cize' of your prescription glasses, old man
I already make the effort to write in a foreign language because you guys are too dumb to write in mine, but I'll be damned if I can't write in the dialect of my own choosing.

Bodo, well, I don't like or dislike him more than any of the other writers. I read his stuff, sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't - big deal. It's not that important what they write or what fans say on TF or the social media. In the end they have no impact on what happens on the tennis court.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!