TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 08:30 PM   #5016
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's a great analogy actually. Wozniacki was critisized far more while she was number one than Maradonna was when he was going through a slump. Besides, let me get a bit cocky: If I was a professional athlete I don't think I would care much about what they would write about me because, well, the reason why I would be competing while they are just writing about it is that I can and they can't. I mean, why should a Federer, or yes, even a Ivanovic care about what Pete Bodo writes? He's just a fat guy who would probably have a heart attack if he had to run 100m.
No, it's a crappy analogy that smells like calf diarrhea; TF doesn't count because fan forums like these don't reflect how NORMAL people act. I agree that Bodo is a walking dildo but, even though he clearly didn't like Caro's defensive style, he was always very polite about it. I have yet to read ONE SOLITARY ARTICLE from a tennis media member who called out a player for quitting/tanking matches. Such articles might exist yet they're EXTREMELY rare from the tennis media, even when fully warranted. You won't see such a scarcity from the media for other sports. Further, many sports will treat an athlete like a non-person, in the old soviet bloc style, in re promotions, if he embarrasses the sport somehow. Despite his immense talent, there were ZERO Michael Vick promos after his dogfighting ring was exposed...and it took a long time after his return before anyone trusted him again

....And it's 'criticize' or, in the British way, 'criticise'....not 'critiSize'.Perhaps you should change the 'Cize' of your prescription glasses, old man

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!