TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 09:19 PM   #5014
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
This is a VERY poor analogy, though, because critics weren't afraid to bash Maradona(ONE 'N', not two) when he slacked off, and I know that from reading such articles....and if he HADN'T re-committed himself at various points, then people would've just shaken their heads and called him a has-been.
It's a great analogy actually. Wozniacki was critisized far more while she was number one than Maradonna was when he was going through a slump. Besides, let me get a bit cocky: If I was a professional athlete I don't think I would care much about what they would write about me because, well, the reason why I would be competing while they are just writing about it is that I can and they can't. I mean, why should a Federer, or yes, even a Ivanovic care about what Pete Bodo writes? He's just a fat guy who would probably have a heart attack if he had to run 100m.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!