TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #3428
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
well, you are old, we all agree on that.
If GoT is cheap looking, I dont know what else on TV isnt.
The filler part is true-ish, 95% of every episode feels like that. Every episode is "Winter is coming" and I'm like so fucking what?
I dont know the rest, because i never seen I, Claudius (HBO's Rome was great, thats all i know) and i dont know anything about acting. I mean I think Maria Sharapova is a great actor actually. She deserves an Emmy.
Old and out of touch. The "Golden Age" of TV is passing me by. I didn't even watch the war nerd stuff - "Band of Brothers" I never saw from beginning to end, "The Pacific" never saw period. I saw "The Sopranos" like everybody else, but by the final season I couldn't be arsed as it was just a soap with guns.

"I, Claudius" was shot entirely in studio, and the acting made it feel like a stage play, but the dialogue was great and they kept things going (the novels on which it is based are very lively and fun, considering they were first published in the 1930s). "Rome" tried to make its characters think and act like Romans, but their source for that were Colleen McCullough's pulp novels rather than ancient literature, and otherwise it's much like every other pop culture production set in ancient Rome - just a pretext for sex and violence.

I thought "Game of Thrones" looked cheap when compared to the epic/fantasy miniseries fad of the late 1990s - early noughties ("Odyssey", "Merlin", "Mists of Avalon", "Ring of the Nibelungs" etc.). Those were nearly all silly and bad, but were a bit of a WOW for everyone at the time as we had never seen CGI on TV series before.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote