TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 10:04 AM   #3424
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
It's impossible to escape "Game of Thrones", but I know very little about it. That there's an apparently relevant female character who is towheaded, that there's a dwarf, and not much else. The snippets I've seen by accident (never a full episode) felt like cheap looking bland filler, and the actors were just playing stock characters via predictable dialogue with the usual genre clichés. When compared with old sk00l shows with a similar setting (dynastic disputes/court intrigue) like "I, Claudius", which is tightly plotted, relentlessly intense and superbly acted (and no, that sort of Shakesperean acting wouldn't feel stilted even today), it's just so...lame. Or maybe I'm old.
well, you are old, we all agree on that.
If GoT is cheap looking, I dont know what else on TV isnt.
The filler part is true-ish, 95% of every episode feels like that. Every episode is "Winter is coming" and I'm like so fucking what?
I dont know the rest, because i never seen I, Claudius (HBO's Rome was great, thats all i know) and i dont know anything about acting. I mean I think Maria Sharapova is a great actor actually. She deserves an Emmy.