TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

View Single Post

Old Apr 10th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #1312
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
And off the topic question - what do you think Caroline's biggest chance to win a grand slam was?
AO 2011 obviously, as mentioned already by some other posters. But she's had a few decent chances over the years, I think.

FO 2010 was looking good. Stosur was defeating the most difficult opponents in the other half (Serena and Henin). Caro was in the QF against Schiavone, a player who in spite of having played slams for 10 consecutive seasons at this point of her career had never reached a SF before! Furthermore, Caro is 5-0 agianst Schiavone since that FO quarter final! So a Caro win wouldn't be a total surprise. But Fran was too good on the day, I'll admit as much. The SF opponent would have been an injured Dementieva, who retired in the SF against Fran. And anything could have happened in a final aginst Stosur. Stosur was good that year, but she was somehow affected of being in her first slam final.

USO 2010 was another good opportunity for Caro. She defeated Vera three times in the course of two months of the autumn of 2010: Montreal final, Beijing final, and YEC semi final. But she lost the USO SF to Vera. Caro could just as well have won judging by her results during the fall of 2010. But Clijsters would have been too tough in the final (again).
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote