TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Apr 10th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #3356
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Is she injured ?
No.

Kucova has played great tennis all week, while Monica just sucks right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
You do realize she's rubbish on clay, don't you?
As she is actually supposed to be good on indoor hard and still neither made an impact here, nor in Copenhaguen which used to be in that spot, I start to believe that her dip of form at that time of the year really has not that much to do with the clay surface per se than with her losing some drive.

Thre are just some form patterns with many players that tend to repeat from year to year. I also can't remeber that CÓrstea or Cadantu had ever had a good January while Monica is usually playing some of her best tennis in that month.

I don't expect her to win anything on clay, though.