TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

View Single Post

Old Apr 9th, 2014, 10:48 AM   #1307
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Personally, I think 'lack of confidence' is just another excuse. It's been 3 years now. 3 years.

IMHO it's technical deficiencies, notably on the FH wing. When a player cannot hit 3 FH rally shots in a row without netting the ball, its a technical deficiency rather than lack of confidence. Again imho of course.
It's both. Sometimes her forehand holds up quite well. But as is the case with most other players with a technical deficiency it's a players' weakest strokes that break down in moments of crisis or when things get tight. For Caroline it's that forehand and her serve. I don't think there's much she can do about that serve. It looks technically pretty sound to me as it is and while it's not a strenght, it's not any worse than the serve of most other girls. But the forehand is something she CAN improve imo. Sam Smith has said several times that she doesn't understand why she doesn't. It's nowhere near as complicated as changing your service action. It would be relatively simple to do and the rewards could be huge according to Smith. And of course, once that forehand would improve, so would her confidence as a result.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote