TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:26 PM   #4999
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Is there a way to do a spoiler box in a post on this board? I'd rather not say it directly on the off chance that someone reading this thread was currently watching the show or interested in watching it at some point. It's a pretty big spoiler and I'd prefer not to potentially undermine someone's viewing experience.
Well, you could just send me a PM if you wanted. It's not a big issue for me but I thought I'd ask since you're obviously a fan

On a similar note, I wasn't a totally-rabid TNG follower, but I was an unashamed fan of the show. One of my acquaintances was REALLY a huge fan, and he was fascinated by 'Q' so I don't think that he was capable of being objective when I said that Nagilum was more powerful than Q. If you'll recall, Troi sensed Q's presence almost right away in the first encounter, yet she was oblivious when they first fell into Nagilum's "cloud". Only afterwards was she able to sense him in a subtle way

Another point is that Nagilum was powerfully telepathic whereas Q had to observe and ask questions to learn information

The final argument in Nagilum's favor is that Q was fearful of human influence in the galaxy, thus provoking his interventions. Nagilum got bored with the crew and moved on after conducting his one experiment. There's obviously no way to prove any of this empirically, but the evidence tells me that Nagilum was a higher life form than Q, and I'd say also more refined and less impulsive, emotionally. Q was sort of like one of those fickle,immature pagan gods from mythology who acted on whims.....at least that's MY take

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!