TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Mar 21st, 2014, 03:23 AM   #1228
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
MIAMI, FL, USA - Maria Sharapova won a tough two-setter against recent first-time WTA champion Kurumi Nara in her opening match at the Premier Mandatory-level Sony Open Tennis on Thursday night.

The No.4-seeded Sharapova had to battle back from 1-3, 0-30 down in a marathon 64-minute second set to record a 63 64 victory against Nara, who won her first WTA title a few weeks ago in Rio de Janeiro.

"She made me work extremely hard," Sharapova said. "She's a really quick opponent, got a lot of balls back, as you saw, and she made me hit a lot. She made me try to do too much in certain situations.

"Sometimes I felt like I was doing the right mistakes and sometimes I felt like I should have been more patient, but I guess those are the situations you want to build that match confidence again."

Sharapova is coming off one of her tougher losses - a third round loss at Indian Wells, where she was the defending champion, and Camila Giorgi - the woman who beat her - was a qualifier in the draw.

The four-time Grand Slam champion and former World No.1 was asked where her confidence is right now.

"I still feel like a work in progress," Sharapova commented. "That match strength, when you're deep into the match and just in the later stages of matches, I think that's the thing that's hurt me in these last couple of months. But I've got to work through that. Nothing's just going to come to me.

"It's a challenge I have ahead of me, and I have to face it."

Next up for Sharapova is No.26 seed Lucie Safarova, who closed Vania King out in two, 63 76(2).

Sharapova leads Safarova in their head-to-head, 2-1, and has won their last two meetings.
I love how realistic Maria has been about her performances and where she is right now, it gives me hope that she realizes what she needs to work on, and is willing to be patient and not get herself down despite her poor play.

I also can't believe she's only played Lucie 3 times