TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion?

View Single Post

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:38 AM   #242
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion?

A bit of a setback for Maria today. I didn't expect her to play overly well at IW after a long layoff, but I was hoping for more than 2 matches. Good fight to win the second set after some of the worst tennis of her career. She also battled hard in that roller coaster 3rd set. But, yes, it was unfortunate to watch Maria lose serve each time at 4-4 and 5-5 in the last set after getting breaks and it has to be said that a 3rd consecutive 3-set loss to another unheralded player is a little disturbing. I think Maria is still suffering from the after effects of so little tennis in the past 10 months. Overall, she's really struggled to elevate her game the longer a match goes and in the most critical moments, as of now.

If she is in fact healthy, then the only cure for her erratic form is more tennis. She just needs to dig in and work harder. The good news is that Miami is right around the corner, so she doesn't have to dwell on this loss. Yes, this is looking like 2010 right now, especially with her serve, but if she just starts believing in herself and finds a rhythm on court, the wins will come. And I expect a much better showing in Miami, which will spring board her into the clay season with momentum. Baby steps.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote