TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

View Single Post

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #269
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Josh Meiseles ‏@jmeistennis
Azarenka said in press that she first hurt her foot three days before AO. Diagnosed as nerve damage between toes on her left foot.

That is the first time we've heard anything on what the actual injury is.

Putting an actual time frame on when she should return is impossible. But it's quite obvious right now. If you aren't fit to play then don't. What are you actually achieving right now? What are the actual upsides? The upsides are literally she scrapes through a few matches. But in the scheme of things this doesn't achieve a lot. It doesn't get you healthy, it doesn't get you playing the kind of tennis you want to play, and it takes a lot out of you. You have to think long term, what's ahead of you. There will be plenty more chances to rack up the ranking points if that's really what worries you (but it shouldn't). The most important thing is you get healthy and feeling good on the court once again.
I guess playing through the AO makes sense since she had such a chance to win it. That's also a little bit encouraging since she was playing pretty well in Brisbane, so that's when she's healthy. Clearly playing Indian Wells was not smart, but I still think if she's going to play she may as well try to win.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote