TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 26, The Road To Carlsbad

View Single Post

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 07:24 AM   #1015
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 19, Asderaki Lays Down the Law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Her style is unorthodox but it works rather well. She can smash rackets on any surface--she has serious career grand "slam" potential. And she has lot of variety--you never know when she is going to just silently go about her business or add a tantrum to really mix things up and keep her opponent guessing. Sometimes it's the details that can really give a player the upper hand over her opponent.

Threatening to switch to Babolat is a perfect example of Vika's ability to play mind games. First of all, she throws her opponent completely off-guard with her sudden willingness to speak well for a rival company. Secondly, she shows that she's willing to put her tennis aspirations ahead of her marketing potential. This is a great tactic for gaining a psychological advantage and a prime example of what it can take to become a mentally strong professional.

I think Vika's tantrums are one of the most underrated nuances of her game.
I have to say Vika's racquet smashing technique was much improved yesterday. Plenty of forward weight transfer and destroyed it with a single throw. Marat Safin himself couldn't have done much better.

Her tennis left quite a bit to be desired but that's another matter.

bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote