TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

View Single Post

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 06:15 AM   #257
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
Posted by OnlyTennis

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Vika proud of her effort. "I want to learn how to go through the tough thing, how to try to do the best in the toughest situation." #BNPPO14

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Azarenka on whether she's received medical assurances the foot injury can't get worse if she plays in pain. "I'm too stubborn for that."
See this is the problem. This just isn't a good idea.

The first quote links in to she's trying to prove some kind of point. But really the only point she's proving is don't play when you aren't fit to play.

As I said I find it hard to believe she was anywhere near fit going on to court tonight. Sometimes you can kind of bluff yourself into feeling that it's better than it is. But the fact you come off court having won 6 games vs the world number 66 should be sending off flashing red warning lights that maybe this isn't the best idea.

This is also a stark change in attitude of someone who used to realise very quickly that if she wasn't fit to play then don't play. I don't like it, and I don't think this "stubbornness" is helping her career.