TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

View Single Post

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 05:05 AM   #255
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
I agree with all what you said. But for me it is two issues. 1) Why is she trying to play through injuries? 2) Why is she getting injured all the time?

Perhaps number 2 is just bad luck. Or she lost some motivation to really prepare. I don't know.
1) Is an impossible question without literally being her. I would guess she's trying to prove some kind of point. I mean Sumyk basically said as good as I think you should retire when he come on (remember he can't explicitly say that I don't think). It seems narrow and short sighted though.

2) She's always been injury prone. But I don't think it helps when you never really let the injuries heal. Part of the issue is the tennis calendar kind of lends itself to this. It doesn't really provide any opportune breaks of oh I'll have a month off and rest to get well (apart from the off season). There's sacrifices to this wherever you do it.

On the note of 2). Maybe I just haven't observed it before. But Vika was definitely drinking some kind of heavy shake during today's match. I would guess that's come from her new fitness team.