TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

View Single Post

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:23 AM   #251
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Agreed. All the pressure from the media has led her to make unwise decisions in recent months...they won't give her credit for it anyways.
Pretty much. I am near certain this has come from her (fairly new) PR company. Mainly because it's started since they come on board and because after the match vs Li at YEC they were posting on twitter how Vika can't win. She doesn't want to retire, she wants to play and please the fans who've paid to watch.

I went on a tirade at them in response, and they were adamantly trying to defend the decision.

The facts are this is pointless. Nobody gives you credit for battling on and losing. You gain nothing. The fans often gain nothing. And ultimately it's not helping you achieve what you want to achieve.

Whoever has fed her this idea of keep playing needs to have a major re-think on what their entire role in her camp is, because they are not helping her. And from what Sumyk told her tonight it's almost certainly not him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Well, it'll be over soon. I fear we'll be in for a similar horror show in Miami, I doubt a few more additional days will get her to a much better state.
This is my main fear about this. Is we will go through the exact same thing in 2 weeks. There is just no way she can have felt anywhere near fit going on to court tonight. If you aren't fit to play then don't. You just won 6 games against the world number 66. How can this in any way be beneficial.

The thing is too ultimately if there is any point of the season to take off, with the exception of maybe the end of the season it is now. No grand slams in sight. What you don't want is to keep playing through this, go into the summer, the same problem is still lingering and effectively don't give yourself a chance for the entire season.

Someone needs to be getting these messages across. The only saving grace is like I say Sumyk actually seems to be thinking along these lines judging from what he said tonight.

Last edited by ozza : Mar 8th, 2014 at 12:08 PM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote