TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread!

View Single Post

Old Mar 7th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #306
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread!

The Friday Interview: Tadeja Majeric

http://sportsgazette.co.uk/section.php?aid=1108&sid=6

Quote:
Tadeja Majeric is a name that often flies under the radar when looking at the WTA rankings, but the Slovenian has showed a steady improvement over the past few season, which took her to the very doorstep of the world top 100.
Majeric reached her career highest ranking in November at number 111, but has now fallen to 129 following a difficult start of the new season.

However, she was not worried and said she had lots of positives to take from the first two months.

“I think it’s normal because I just started this year to play bigger tournaments,” she said. “I was very close to winning all matches that I lost this year. I think it’s more mental, because I was not used to such a high level. But I’m working hard day by day to improve, and to reach top 100 soon would be great.”

The season of the 23-year-old started immediately with a great experience as she played her first ever Grand Slam main draw at the Australian Open.

“It was a great feeling to play for the first time in a main draw of a Grand Slam. I was very close to winning my first match, but I guess [Ajla Tomljanovic] had more experience playing on such a big tournament.

“I was still very happy about the result in Australia and look forward to playing more main draws of grand slams.”

After a couple of years spent around the 250th place of the rankings, last year Majeric started a fast climb, which took her to her first WTA quarter-final during the summer in Baku (defeating Karolina Pliskova, no. 73). But what has changed?

“I started to work more on the physical preparation and be more serious on practice too. But I think I still have a lot of things to improve.

“My natural game style is defensive but now I also can play offense if I have to.”

Majeric is one of the few players to have won an ITF tournament on every surface, but she has no doubts on her favourite one.

“My favourite surface is hard court. I also love to play on grass though.”

Sports Gazette talked to Keith Crowley not long ago, on the fight for better prize money on the ITF tour and Majeric showed to share the same worries of the South African.

“I think for us is the same. The price money is not really big on ITF's. We should try the same thing.”

At times it is not even easy to find support within your own federation, as Majeric said about the Slovenian Tennis Federation.

“My relationship with them is not brilliant,” she admitted. “They never helped me and also until last year they never contacted me. They did not give me one Euro to help in my tennis career. I am not sure whether I will ever play Fed Cup for Slovenia.”

Contrary to other fellow players, she is not disappointed with the new structure of points, which according to many, reduces the chances for youngsters to emerge.

“I don’t really think too much about the points. For everybody it is the same. If you play well the points will also come.”

Majeric is also known for her nice look and a few provocative outfits worn in the past, but she now jokes about it.

“These pictures are actually a few years old,” she commented. “I guess everybody has some periods in life with different fashion styles. I changed my style and I haven’t worn provocative outfits for many years. I don’t really think it helps on the court.”

Pictures from players’ parties show that she is quite popular during these events, but she remained balanced when asked about friendships on tour.

“I would say it depends on the person. Some people are more individual than others. I really like Jelena Jankovic, she is an awesome person, but I also have few very good friends from ITF tournaments.”

Majeric knows what she wants and she revealed with no hesitation her short term goals.

“I think slams are the most important tournaments for every player and I think the same. My next goal is to be directly in the main draw of Roland Garros.”
enjoy

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote