TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wightman Cup

Thread: Wightman Cup
View Single Post

Old Aug 7th, 2004, 05:12 PM   #13
country flag Declan

Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksasha
Gotta admire Declan for "sticking to his guns" and rooting for Rinaldi like that! I'm trying to picture him in the stands during one of these matches...... when
a great shot was hit by Rinaldi, did he applaud loudly..... stand up and shout
great shot!....... did he bite his lip and turn purple..........
Wouldn't it be great if The Tennis Channel ends up televising some of
those above great matches like they are now with the WITC! Does
anyone know if the Whitman Cup was televised each year?
I only remember it being televised on alternate years, Rick -obviously only when it was held in Britain. And it probably wasn't given the exposure and coverage it deserved -probably highlights and maybe some live play. As I said above, the final set of the final rubber in 1978 with the whole tie on a knife-edge..and the BBC took it off air! Compare that with the way the whole schedules are completely overturned these days when Henman plays one of his interminable (and inevitably losing!) five-setters!!
Declan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote