TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rio de Janeiro Draws and Results [2014] -- CLAY SEND NEW POINTS

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2014, 12:28 PM   #36
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rio de Janeiro Draws and Results [2014] -- CLAY SEND NEW POINTS

Clay is not my thing : Jodha after playing in Rio

Rio de janeiro, BRAZIL -
Jodha is upset, sick and jet lagged after a few weeks on tour and talks about sorting out things before she can start competing again. Here is an excerpt from her interview with Ben Rothenberg:

Ben: Hey Jodha, how are you doing?
Jodha: Not good. I have been sick with cold and fever for the last couple of days. I feel heavily jet lagged and out of sorts after coming to Brazil for the first time in my life.

Ben: Sad to hear that. Can you briefly tell us about how your tournament went here in Rio?
Jodha: Horrendous! I could only win one match and that was the only day i could feel fit on court. I was just kind of trying to survive in that situation but after that I just broke down mentally and physically.

Ben: How did you prepare in transforming your game from hard to clay courts?
Jodha: I wanted to rather play in Dubai but since my ranking sucks, I had to make this hard decision to come here. Anyways , it was a learning experience. We have Olympics here in 2 years time, so it was a nice experience to play here beforehand. Also, I have next few tournaments to play in North and South America- so probably it was the right decision.

Ben: You said that it was a learning experience. What did you learn?
Jodha: Clay is not my thing.

Ben: How is your doubles game going on with Yanina?
Jodha: I think she deserves a much better partner in my opinion. I have been proving to be the weaker link in our partnership over and over again but she is such a humble and positive person. I just hope I could prove myself wrong one day.

Ben: How do you see yourself in the upcoming tournaments?
Jodha: I don't want to think about it right now. I just want to get fit first. Think I need a break. Just too much of tennis and pressure all these past weeks taking a toll on me.

Ben: Thanks and good luck for quick recovery Jodha.
Jodha: Thanks for your best wishes.

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote