TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rio de Janeiro Draws and Results [2014] -- CLAY SEND NEW POINTS

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2014, 01:28 PM   #36
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rio de Janeiro Draws and Results [2014] -- CLAY SEND NEW POINTS

Clay is not my thing : Jodha after playing in Rio

Rio de janeiro, BRAZIL -
Jodha is upset, sick and jet lagged after a few weeks on tour and talks about sorting out things before she can start competing again. Here is an excerpt from her interview with Ben Rothenberg:

Ben: Hey Jodha, how are you doing?
Jodha: Not good. I have been sick with cold and fever for the last couple of days. I feel heavily jet lagged and out of sorts after coming to Brazil for the first time in my life.

Ben: Sad to hear that. Can you briefly tell us about how your tournament went here in Rio?
Jodha: Horrendous! I could only win one match and that was the only day i could feel fit on court. I was just kind of trying to survive in that situation but after that I just broke down mentally and physically.

Ben: How did you prepare in transforming your game from hard to clay courts?
Jodha: I wanted to rather play in Dubai but since my ranking sucks, I had to make this hard decision to come here. Anyways , it was a learning experience. We have Olympics here in 2 years time, so it was a nice experience to play here beforehand. Also, I have next few tournaments to play in North and South America- so probably it was the right decision.

Ben: You said that it was a learning experience. What did you learn?
Jodha: Clay is not my thing.

Ben: How is your doubles game going on with Yanina?
Jodha: I think she deserves a much better partner in my opinion. I have been proving to be the weaker link in our partnership over and over again but she is such a humble and positive person. I just hope I could prove myself wrong one day.

Ben: How do you see yourself in the upcoming tournaments?
Jodha: I don't want to think about it right now. I just want to get fit first. Think I need a break. Just too much of tennis and pressure all these past weeks taking a toll on me.

Ben: Thanks and good luck for quick recovery Jodha.
Jodha: Thanks for your best wishes.

jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote