TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

View Single Post

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #72
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

7-5 6-4 over Norris
That's a match she would have lost 2-3 months ago
Then she won FQR over (6) Alexandra Stevenson USA (#412, former #18 and Wimbledon semifinalist) 6-3 6-4
Obviously Stevenson is not the player she used to be, but it's still a good win for Valentini
I thought Valentini would struggle against Stevenson's serve (she set the aces record in Quebec City qualies last September, so her serve is still good even though the rest of her game has gone downhill), but Valentini broke her serve 6 times
I followed the scores from 6-3 *4-3 and Valentini got broken so I thought she would blow it then, but she broke back right away and then served it out

MD R1 vs. (7) Eri Hozumi JPN (#174)
It will be tough. Hozumi has beaten the likes of Bencic and Tanasugarn recently, among others. Valentini has nothing to lose though

Photos from the Vero Beach tournament last month:

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari

Last edited by hellas719 : Feb 19th, 2014 at 06:07 AM.
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote