TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Vrljic cheering thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #501
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Vrljic cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
But she has achieved it thanks to challenger (and not consistent play even there). Not to mention mostly she plays 25k or 50k challengers. So, actually that is pretty great for level she is competing.
This. One win at WTA tournaments in doubles is 60 points in MM's, over a 100 in Premier and GS events. On the other hand, on challengers you earn those points for tournament win. So it's almost impossible to get higher in doubles by playing challengers only. ALso I think for doubles ranking they count 10 best tournaments (point wise) so being #150 with challengers only is as good as you can be.

I mean, she's not getting any younger and she's stuck at this level for years now. If I was her I would like to try the taste of real tour(even if in doubles only).
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote