TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail

View Single Post

Old Feb 10th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #680
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of
Re: Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail

Hey, I appreciate the detailed answer. I've only been following her for about a year so didn't know the details of the Fed Cup thing.

We don't know the financial situation with her specifically, but I think the economic situation in countries like Greece, Italy and some of the others is underestimated in its affects on some of the players, not only in they or their families supporting them but also its affects on obtaining sponsors, whether it be individuals or companies. I read somewhere recently that it costs $150,000 plus in American dollars for a lower tier to spend a year on the WTA Tour. Its less for ITF players who don't have to travel so far in most cases, but the price money is also MUCH less. There is a Top 100 player I follow( will not name) who doesn't seem to play as near as many tourneys as she should, disappears for sometimes months at a time and has had no injury problems in the last couple of years, so I speculate finances are part or all of the reason.
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote