TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

View Single Post

Old Feb 8th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #67
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

Won against Anastasia Detiuc from Moldova (15 yo, junior #801) 6-1 6-0
Now 3-0 in her Fed Cup career

Tomorrow she'll play in the promotional playoff against Ireland!
Best of luck!

Also the ITF updated her profile and put that she was born in Kilkis and resides in Kilkis. I know she resides there, but I don't think she was born there. Such a mystery . She used to live on Zakynthos and her Facebook profile says she is from Sochi which explains the Russian connection. Elena Vesnina is part Greek from Sochi and a lot of Greeks live in the Black Sea area and many of them moved back to Greece in recent years. My theory is that she was born in Sochi to Greek parents and at some point moved to Zakynthos and then moved to Kilkis, but I guess one day we will know for sure

Also I don't believe when the ITF says she was born in Kilkis because the ITF also claims Papamichail was born in Athens and she was born in Preveza which is not even close to Athens

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote