TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Jan 31st, 2014, 12:36 PM   #1131
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...aria-sharapova
Quote:
QUOTABLE QUOTES: MARIA SHARAPOVA

PARIS, France - Not only did Maria Sharapova bring a bag of Sugarpova into the press room to share with the journalists on Wednesday, she also gave them something to chew on with her answers...

On bringing Sugarpova to share...
"I know I promised everyone candy if I won the tournament, but I figure if I won a round I'd give you guys some candy, so you guys can share some. Sorry they only gave me one bag. We're cheap."

On balancing the expectations of Sugarpova with, well, Sharapova...
"I've had a lot of expectations throughout my whole career. This won't be the first week and won't be the last one. I've managed a lot of things in my life quite well. One of the things that has been quite important to me, that I learned from a very young age, was that I really had a passion for tennis and nothing gives me a better feeling than being a tennis player and improving at my job. But it's brought me so many great opportunities as well that I've been able to learn from. I've met talented people in very different areas that I never imagined I would work with or have the experience of meeting.

"If you can keep it very fun and enjoy the work you're doing at your daily job, you feel fresh and can have a new perspective when you go out on the court, where you're not thinking 24/7 about your job."

On speaking French...
"Well now I have a French physio, so I have no excuse, but it's a language I've wanted to learn for a long time, and I studied it for a couple of years when I was I think 10 or 11. And when I got injured, that was the first thing I did - I took classes. Everyone thought I was crazy but then I happened to win Roland Garros and I used two or three words I learned. You never know when it'll benefit you.

"I'm not that great at speaking French, but I hope I can still improve."

On the WTA's newest Top 10 player, Simona Halep...
"She had a great year last year. She's been playing really good tennis. I don't think I played her last year but she played at an extremely high level. Obviously we'll see how she does this year, but she's always had a really good presence on the tour and hopefully she can retain that level this year."

On whether she has any opponents she fears...
"It's tough to look past whoever you're playing next. I don't like to look too far ahead because every match can be a different challenge, no matter who you play, and you have to just be about that, no matter what anyone is ranked or what you're ranked. There's a reason we go out and play matches and I hope that with every match I can play better. That's my goal here - just to keep improving my game."

On whether she thinks she can get back to No.1 this year...
"It's a big challenge but that's why I'm here. That's why I play tennis - to try to be at the top."

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl....bmeqZGQj.dpuf
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote