TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #5082
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I don't think her level dropped at the AO, in fact rounds 3 and 4 were as well as she'd played in a non-Serena match for a long time. From non-Serena matches probably only the Pennetta semifinal was at a similar level. Coming into the year I was worried that she'd continue with the attitude and performance from Beijing and Istanbul but things were really starting to build and come together in Melbourne. So she had a bad match against Agnieszka ... Li Na with her extraordinary improvements in serve, forehand, movement etc etc played a bad match against Safarova.

I hope Vika doesn't chuck the good stuff away and spend the next weeks in LA being "mentally tired". I'm not that happy to see her at all this Grammy bollocks but she may also be practising during the day. There were significant improvements from late last year to now and you don't return to GOAT level straight away, these things have setbacks, I think if she keeps working and continues her overall improvement she'll get back to a very good consistent level.