TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 06:25 AM   #5081
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
I think vika first needs to play more matches to get back to match toughness. Even if the result is not good which I am not placing hopes in doha. She needs to get her reflexes and feel back on the court.

Second , she needs to work harder for improvement. Her serve. Her groundstrokes, since 2013 she is losing longer rallies to others which was never the case earlier.

Example LI NA has improved so much of her physical conditions on past 1.5 years with Carlos coming along. I remember reading her first off season was so tough that she called her husband and said she wanted to quit after 3 days. Now she has changed her serve motion, she added topspin to stabilize her forehand. And she can run and defend well against anyone.
I agree with all of this! Haha I wish she'd read some of these posts . One more thing though is that clearly her motivation isn't at it's highest right now, because she's played significantly better against Reehanna than against anyone else, which shows that she's capable of it when she wants it. She was huge in the Cincinnati final, not great at the US Open but fought harder than almost anyone ever, then beat her in Hua Hin, and was a bit messy in Brisbane but also played extremely well at times. After the Brisbane final I felt quite confident (she really could've and even should've won that match, and Reehanna wasn't playing poorly) but then her level dropped a lot at the AO. Also, I think she has a lot of dejection from the US Open final, because that obviously affected her last fall, but also the Lady Aga match was very similar in that she fought really hard to win the second but then completely lost that when she failed to take the lead in the third set, just like at the US Open.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!