TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #5075
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I also agree that Sam isn't the problem here. I was probably one of the most vocal criticizers of him during early 2011 when Vika played like crap and I threw Sam under the bus. At the end of the day, the form Vika is in right now is a combination of injuries and poor fitness, the two of which go hand in hand as once costs her match toughness and the other costs her effectiveness on the court. While it shows incredible mental toughness to win when you're out of shape, out of practice, Vika's game and its mechanics aren't designed for always winning ugly. She doesn't have a huge weapon to bail her out of crappy games (a la Serena's serve). Vika dominates players and beats Serena by virtue of being able to control the court with speed and aggressiveness. Without either, she's subpar.

Anyways, although I'm not an optimist, I would like to hope this loss is enough to beat some sense into Vika. She's way to competitive to not try. She needs a good spring (a title would be lovely), a solid clay court swing (points defense is all I would expect), a solid Wimbledon (semifinals), and she needs to hands down dominate the living shit out of the US Open Series. There is no reason, other than Peak Serena, for her not to let alone win the US Open.

Oh, and I'll say this in here so I don't incur the wrath of RandomChineseScrub-GOAT: Na only won the title because the draw collapsed.