TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 06:57 PM   #5040
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
My impression was that the thing she didn't like to do was referring to on the court, in other words changing her tactics to something that wasn't her natural playstyle but that might discomfort her opponent. Moonballing down the middle or something, I don't know, but the context was that she felt she'd just been sitting in her comfort zone and watching herself lose. I don't necessarily agree with that, it looked to me that she got frustrated, tensed up and lost focus but only she knows.

I hope Li wins the title, she was pretty unlucky at the slams last year, rolling her ankle against Vika, and being a challenge away from winning the first set against Radwanska at wimbledon. Contrary to reputation she was pretty consistently good throughout the whole year.

The fawning over Radwanska and her playstyle in the media is annoying now, if she won the tournament it would be unbearable. She has great hands and footspeed but from some of the things you read you'd think she's mind-controlling the opponent's shots while juggling a football and completing a thesis on quantum gravity.
Yeah. To put this in perspective: Aga served worse than Kerber, and Pennetta broke Kerber as many times as Vika won total games against Aga. Its really hard to comprehend how sh*t this was from Vika. She won less games than Putintseva. Maybe Vika should have taken a MTO, she certainly played more crippled tennis than Ana, Rena or Maria.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!