TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2014, 08:49 AM   #665
country flag Laver_Slam

Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Tsveti lost the match but I am very happy for her performance over all. She clearly had an injury and was tired. I admire the respect she showed towards Sam by not retiring although it was clear she couldn't hit the ball. As for the power game in today's tennis - it is clear that the racket technology and the big size of the head has allowed players to use power and not technique and fines. Now every athletic kid with the help of lots of physical preparation can learn to swing the racket and hit the ball into play with this big hitting zone and run all day. This is ridiculous and has reduced tennis to physic. The slice, the volleys, the soft hands of the talented players - everything is killed by the industry. If they want to make a balance - they should make the surfaces faster and we would have variety back into the game. I watch men's 3 of 5 sets and they are ridiculous. We should know who is the better player till the end of the 3 set, the rest is pointless. I prefer to watch 3 sets high quality match compare to 5 sets slaughter.
Laver_Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote