TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2014, 05:02 AM   #62
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

25K Port St. Lucie, FL, USA:
QR1 d. (WC) Madison Bourguignon USA (ITF Junior #87) 6-4 6-1
Really good for Valentini to win this match, especially since her opponent was pretty good

One of TF's own was there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravanecaravan View Post
. Hellas asked me about Grammatikopoulou, and from what I could tell, today, she mixed things up fairly well, hitting with variety (read: a mix of depth on her shots, some flat, some with medium topspin, and some in Julia Cohen territory), but the match was so far away I real couldn't say for sure how things were going. .
QR2 l. to (13) Jennifer Elie USA (#421) 5-7 3-6
No shame here . Valentini was much closer this time than when they played last year in Brussels

That first win was really important, and this tournament was pretty good for her compared to how she's done lately

Photos from Orange Bowl in December:

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote