TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

View Single Post

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:10 PM   #249
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

I think this match is a combination of the jitters, the rust from not playing, and the problems on serve (throughout her whole career). She will only get better from here. That was probably one of the worst serving displays she's had in awhile, and she still mixed in some awesome aces and unreturnable serves. So like always, it's inconsistent. I'm happy that she had a tough match, this is just the kind of thing she needs to help her get her timing down, and return to match shape. She faced a lot of pressure moments tonight, and I like that. I think looking forward, she really has no one who can beat her until maybe the Qtrs, but even then I expect her to beat JJ. Trust me guys, I think Maria still has a great chance to reach the final, and if she does, whos to say she won't lift her 5th slam?
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote